Universities as leaders in the economic and social recovery
This year's conference theme is Universities as leaders in the economic and social recovery and will focus on how universities can adapt to, and capitalise on, the opportunities presented by a the need for post-Covid-19 economic and social recovery.
We are pleased to be hosting this year's conference in-person at Northumbria University.
The conference will be held on Wednesday 8 - Thursday 9 September 2021. The first day of the conference, Wednesday 8 September, is open to Vice-Chancellors and Principals only, and the second day, Thursday 9 September, is open to Vice-Chancellors and Principals, alongside their senior leadership teams.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Vidhya Alakeson, Chief Executive, Power to Change
- Professor Bobby Duffy, Director of the Policy Institute, King's College London
- Professor Dame Anne Johnson, President, The Academy of Medical Sciences
- Larissa Kennedy, President, National Union of Students (NUS)
- Paul Kett, Director General, Department for Education
- Sam Laidlaw, Chair, National Centre for Universities and Business
- Clare Marchant, Chief Executive, UCAS
- Professor Paul Monks, Chief Scientific Advisor, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Claire Murdoch, National Mental Health Director, NHS England
- Vicky Pryce, Economist & Business Consultant
- James Turner, Chief Executive, Sutton Trust
- Sir Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Emily Wheeler, Chair, Nightline
Who should attend
Vice-Chancellors and Principals are invited to attend both Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 September. They may be represented by a deputy should they be unable to attend.
The UUK Annual Conference on Thursday 9 September is also open to the senior leadership of universities: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Chief Operating Officer or equivalent roles and also to Chairs of Council. We will also accept bookings from other university staff who have been asked to attend the conference by their Vice-Chancellor.
Wednesday 8 September is the UUK Annual Conference Members' Day, and is only open to Vice-Chancellors and Principals of UUK member universities.